Material type: polyimide
Layer count: 2
Min trace width/space: 4 mil
Min hole size: 0.20mm
Finished board thickness: 0.30mm
Finished copper thickness: 35um
Solder mask color: red
Lead time: 10 days
1.What is FPC?
FPC is the abbreviation of flexible printed circuit. its light, thin thickness, free bending and folding and other excellent characteristics are favorable.
FPC is developed by the United States during the space rocket technology development process.
FPC consist of a thin insulating polymer film having conductive circuit patterns affixed thereto and typically supplied with a thin polymer coating to protect the conductor circuits. The technology has been used for interconnecting electronic devices since the 1950s in one form or another. It is now one of the most important interconnection technologies in use for the manufacture of many of today's most advanced electronic products.
The advantage of FPC:
1. It can be bent, wound and folded freely, arranged in accordance with the requirements of spatial layout, and moved and expanded arbitrarily in three-dimensional space, so as to achieve the integration of component assembly and wire connection;
2. The use of FPC can greatly reduce the volume and weight of electronic products, adapt to the development of electronic products towards high density, miniaturization, high reliability.
FPC circuit board also has the advantages of good heat dissipation and weldability, easy installation and low comprehensive cost. The combination of flexible and rigid board design also makes up for the slight deficiency of flexible substrate in the bearing capacity of components to some extent.
FPC will continue to innovate from four aspects in the future, mainly in:
1. Thickness. The FPC must be more flexible and thinner;
2. Folding resistance. Bending is an inherent feature of FPC. In the future, FPC must be more flexible, more than 10,000 times. Of course, this requires better substrate.
3. Price. At present, the price of FPC is much higher than THAT of PCB. If the price of FPC comes down, the market will be much broader.
4. Technological level. In order to meet various requirements, the process of FPC must be upgraded and the minimum aperture and line width/line spacing must meet higher requirements.
Focus on providing mong pu solutions for 5 years.